Cooking is indeed enjoyable. It is also one thing that most people want to learn because we always deal with food every day. We please our family with our good cooking skills; we impress our partners with great dinners; we want to cook for ourselves to make sure we eat healthy; indeed, cooking is one thing we want to learn and we want to do it good.
We all have our own practices in the kitchen that make our cooking easy and smooth sailing. The more we cook the more cooking tips and techniques we discover. If you are looking for some cooking tips and techniques to add to your list, below are some that you might find helpful.
* If you want to cook ahead of time and store food in freezers, make sure to know what food is not good for the freezer. Do not freeze boiled eggs, as it will cause the egg whites to become watery. Freezing will also cause the mayonnaise to separate and milk to curdle.
* Freezing is also not friendly to cooked potatoes, as it will darken them and create an unattractive texture. To keep the color of sliced potatoes, place them cold water until they are ready for cooking. This will also improve its crispiness if you intend to fry them. You can also whiten them by putting a few drops of lemon during boiling.
* To enhance the flavor of stewed chicken, let it stand in its broth until it cools down before cutting it into chunks.
* If you are barbequing, brush the grate with cooking oil or spray with vegetable cooking spray to prevent the barbeque from sticking. When fire flares up during barbequing, sprinkle a little water over the flames. Be sure also to remove the barbeque before the fire will burn one side of the meat. To lessen overbrowning of your barbeque, you can apply the sauce only 20 minutes before it is done.
* You can drop lettuce leaves in your soups, gravies and other dishes to get rid of the extra oil. You will notice the oil will easily cling into the leaves so you can easily get rid of them.
* When baking cookies, it is best to make similar shapes and sizes so you can arrange them in even rows and that they will heat evenly. Large spaces in between the cookies can cause them to burn. Do not also leave cookies in the hot baking sheet after they are cooked as this will continue to cook or may burn them.
There are a lot of cooking tips and techniques that we can actually learn when we spend time in the kitchen. These tips and techniques do not only make our cooking easy, it is also very useful to preserve the nutrients, the color and texture as well as the flavor of our food. Knowing some cooking tips and techniques also helps us a lot in mastering the art of cooking.